Tuesday 12 October 2010

Darkened Light

A curtain of tears is lifted from my eyes,
and no longer blinds my vision to see the light of the night,
a darkened light that I have sensed inside,
that has dwelled in me for now a long time,
and has somehow allowed me to behold its magnificence,
the one that is sublimingly iridescent,
and it leaves me enveloped inside a feeling of utter tranquility.
I shall now see the revealing scene that opens up before me,
for all lies have been cursed into a far away dream,
and the elegy of my angels shall be broken like old stone
and souls shall be entwined together, no more alone.
This darkened light I embrace for it is the light that all pervades,
and from the dreadful sun I have already resigned,
for this has many times burned my eyes,
and made me cast oceans of tears which I swam in sorrowful cries.
The thorns in my heart have grown thicker,
for a new nocturnal wind is blowing for not to shiver,
and the temerity for the unmasked love has been erradicated,
for that is the one that deceived many,
and perpetrated wounds upon those who believed,
leaving victims with broken promises and a sorrowful life to live.
This darkened light of ours is the new twilight, the new dawn,
that cries sweet tears of dew for everything new and old
and of which light we are the sons,
and of this light we are made anew,
and this is the darkened light,
the one our hearts adore.

RQ
04/10/10
23:48

No comments:

Post a Comment