Saturday 28 January 2012

Cheer to Solitude

Great is the time,
I salute you solitude of mine,
thought I was alone,
but since you're here,
let's drink away the sorrows with tears.

Raise your glass solitude of mine,
your empty chair's at the same place,
for I always think of you,
even when you're away.

My confident you are,
and here you embrace me,
for you love me for what I am,
and with your cold hand you caress me.

Oh sweet solitude of mine,
my tears do not wipe,
away from me you seem not to hide,
let's drink to these sorrows,
for they cannot fly.

raise your glass solitude of mine,
enchant me one more time,
with the careless whims of this dead life,
that has remorselessly overpowered me.

I salute you solitude of mine,
and I drink for your company,
ceaseless and timeless.

Your empty seat you have at my table,
in winter cold nights,
under the flickering light,
of a sadened candle.

Let them not hear my muffled cries,
which I try to raise in darkened nights,
take them with you,
and all of them I beg of you to hide.

I thought i was alone,
but here I am,
bathed in tears,
with you my beloved one,
with you solitude of mine,
who persists to come along,
no matter the time.

You my inconditional companion,
you the one who has been cast away,
cast away by oblivion,
and therefore I tell you,
take thy righteous place,
and let us drink these sorrows away!

Vilnius - Lithuania
4.1.12
r

No comments:

Post a Comment