Tuesday 12 October 2010

New Light

I was given a black rose by a dead hope of love,
that has made me walk through a valley of thorns and poisoned illusions,
and from this valley, sorrow feeds upon the remnants of my soul,
giving no rest to despair and utter discontent.
I have fallen into a deep hollow where a choir of sneering voices chain me,
and where all hope and beauty dies into decadence,
and I lay there, drowned and wrapped in devastation,
and the light that once was, is simply no more…
I abhor the discourse love once gave me pervaded with deceiving words,
words I once believed enchanted by their light,
but now this agonizing feeling seems to overpower my wits,
which lay all scattered in this depressing valley of tears and sorrow,
I hence mourn the day in which my soul commenced to be whipped.
I then shall raise my fist in dissent and in utter discontent,
for the light of that love has plunged me into an abyss of torment,
tearing my heart disdainfully and leaving it to peril,
in which pain seems far to be eradicated.
This black rose I shall keep as company and guardian,
and shall make out of desolation and sadness my confident,
for they are to be my light and my love emerged from ashes,
the truth that bursts new from deceiving words and promises.
I thus, shall summon the hearts blinded and victimised by that putrid love,
and restore the loyalty for a new light and vanquish the hope created from lies,
for they are feeble and tainted, raged and unsustainable,
from this valley of sorrow I shall eradicate its realm,
and thence a new moon with silver light will raise bathed in stars and dew,
to take the wounded hearts under its wings with the blow of a new wind.

RQ
5/10/10
Moscow

No comments:

Post a Comment