Friday 29 October 2010

The Guardian

There comes the guardian of my desperation and affliction,
the guardian of my final step that I soon will take in this world,
the world that consumes miserably my ashes and what is left of me,
and leaves me shreded just as in times of old, just the way it has been.

The jingling of the keys around his belt chime in my mind like a bell´s toll for death…
my own death... whose shadow I have seen pervading my room, beckoning me,
offering me its eternal embrace, and I just resist the temptation, though I would dare.

My guardian unlocks the bolt of my cell, his black robes caressing the floor,
his gentle pace moves me to the point of almost embracing him, of almost giving in…
and his stare infuses both compassion and hatred to the poor devils like me,
who have fallen from grace and shall be taken to a final breath,
to the final step... to the gallows where angels can be seen with a burning hallo.

There comes the guardian of the misery that condems me,
throwing me to the horrorful pit of disgrace,
where screams of desperation and sorrowful pain are constantly heard,
he takes me and I feel his cold touch on my skin, his rough touch that I take in.

Finish this misery once and for all and do not bother about the last rites for I am a fallen one,
provide me though with a last glance of your shadowy expression,
they are just as sweet as this pain I am embracing,
as I behold this fate of mine that slowly dims its own light.

There comes the final struck that thwarts my agonising life,
that final struck that soothes the pain of flesh and soul inside,
the one with absolute mercy and compassion,
for this terrible aching life shall come to an end,
and no remmnants shall be left and ashes shall not be claimed!

RQ
Moscow
29/10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment